1. Week 1 of the Whole Life Challenge is down! I earned indulgence points this week for my good nutrition points, so of course I tried King Cake ice cream from Blue Bell. It was amazing. Seriously. Amazing.
2. I also used an indulgence point on a King Cake latte from Parish Press, a local coffee shop. Also amazing. This time of year is dangerous. If it wasn’t for the Whole Life Challenge, I would probably be eating King Cake every day.
3. Keller is a book murderer. It hurts me to say it out loud. But, I keep it real here in blog land. And this is real life. My child murdered 8 books. Ripped pages to pieces. And it hurt my heart. Of course he did this while he was supposed to be in bed. Which is a whole other struggle…
4. New house, upstairs bedroom, sharing a room, and toddler bed….all transitions we made at the same time. Bedtime used to be so easy and have been a headache ever since we moved in. They, mostly Keller, like to spend the evening exploring instead of sleeping. I feel like it’s due to the newness of the house and new freedom of a toddler bed. I’ve started sitting outside their door until the fall asleep…and it’s actually working. I’ve had to sit out there less each night. It gets better, right?
5. I love Taylor Swift. There. I said it. I’m probably going to buy 1989. And I haven’t bought an album since like 1999.
6. We have become addicted to The Walking Dead. Like, we watched the whole series until now in about 3 weeks. And House of Cards. Another winner. The other day, Hayes said “I love watching TV” and I cringed. Then I realized I was a hypocrite. Because I love it too.
7. Speaking of TV, Parenthood. How am I supposed to say goodbye to the Bravermans?????????
8. Y’all ever listen to James Morrison? You should. You are welcome.
9. Today was gorgeous. We spent some time at the park with our neighbors and it was such a fun Sunday afternoon. One more step closer to that settled feeling…
10. I have a huge prayer request tonight. This has been so heavy on my heart since I found out. Some of our neighbors lost their son this weekend in a skiing accident. He was in his first year at the Air Force Academy in Denver. This family has experienced such a huge loss and I hope our prayers bring them some peace during this time.